Wednesday 20 May 2015

the game  i will be creating sound for will be my plat former.

the game is a sifi game based in climbing platforms to reach a boss to then kill and progress to the next level, the player uses guns to kill.
blaster sounds
this will be made by sounds i personally make myself, this sound will then be edited and changed to suit its purpose more.
jumping 
this will be a sound i collect from a source on the internet because there will be a better sound out there.
background
the background will consist of scratching ,howling and a sifi like memo to it.
dieing
this will be a thud and a breath in fast this this will be set out of you gasp and then you hit the floor.
step sound:this will be real steps made heavy to show the character is heavy footed also to add a little more of a creepy vibe.
entering the ship:on entry of the ship you will hear a short demonic laugh and the thud of a mettle door closing with a heavy crash and a sudden inhale.
this will; be used to give the play the feeling they are trapped and to regret their decision of entering, this will need a medium sound capture rate because its meant to be done over time for a entrance, this will require maybe for creation 8GB of ram for this simple entrance,

all of the sound's will be done in mp3 because this will be designed for a mobile device or a small indie game for pc, some of the sounds like the exhaling and humming will need a studio or a very quiet area to record and pick up the sound,the other sounds may be taken and edited or will be able to be louder then background noise.





Evaluation.

below are snapshots of my creation of my sounds in my game some are taken then edited then used in my game but all were composed (selected and joined) by me and edited.

To evaluate my sounds I believe all my sounds work well for my game and they are set out to join with the sound the gun sounding like a electrical pulse when shooting and the jump works in a way to more sound they are jumping of an odd surface, this continues to the first theme background making the player want to rush the mission and then the second more to relax the player in the second room to get them ready for the last room (this was never created) the death sound was a edit is distortion and echo on a wabafet and the machine was a talk with someone I know edited to a point that is sounds to me like a shutdown.

The total evacuation to me is that the sounds work to me perfectly with the game to the point could get them for my game.

With the evaluation on my personal work I used a stereo Dictaphone to capture and recorded the sounds and later edited. In future I believe I would prefer to use an iPhone voice recorder because I find its much better quality in its tech compared to what I used. 





No comments:

Post a Comment